Bling T's & C's
The legal side of being a blingsider
In these terms and conditions, ‘we', ‘us' and ‘our' refers to King Price Insurance Company Ltd. Your role as a blingsider is subject to the following T's and C's. We therefore recommend that you read through these T's and C's carefully before clicking on the ‘Accept terms and conditions' checkbox.
Blingsider requirementsIn order to be a blingsider, you must:
- Be older than 16.
- Be a South African citizen or have an international passport number.
- Not have a criminal record or be involved in any pending criminal proceedings.
- Have a South African bank account.
- Have a smartphone.
- Not currently be employed by King Price/Stangen.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a flair for sales.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be positive, confident and determined.
- Be professional and respectful.
- Don’t recommend any type of bling cover to a client. Rather show the client the info on the blingsider website and let them decide for themselves.
- Don’t act like, or pretend to be, an employee or qualified financial advisor on behalf of King Price.
- Always use the bling calculator on the blingsider website to calculate a client’s premium.
- If you’ve been paid for a successful lead referral, and your client cancels their policy within 30 days, we’ll deduct the lead referral fee from your upcoming earnings.
- You can’t refer a bling insurance lead for the same person twice.
- A lead referral is valid for 30 days. You can only refer the same lead again after 30 days if the person didn’t take out a bling policy.
- If someone takes out a bling policy, cancels it, and later takes out another bling policy, you won’t earn referral fees on the new policy.
- If you earn more than R6,611 a month, it’s recommended that you register to pay tax to SARS. The Tax Tables can change yearly, so visit SARS’ website for more info (sars.gov.za). Remember, it’s your responsibility to do this.
- It’s also your responsibility to update your banking info and ensure that it’s correct. (We can’t do this for you and won’t be liable for non-payments that occur because of this.) If we pick up an error, we’ll let you know via email.
- Lead referral fees expire after 3 months.
- If you missed the scheduled payment run because of incorrect banking info, we’ll only be able to pay you if you’ve corrected your info and only on the next available payment run. (Weekly = every Thursday.) No interim payments will be made.
- 1 blingsider = 1 bank account.
- Valid referral fees can’t be transferred to someone else or postponed for more than 30 days.
- We’ll never contact you telephonically (or otherwise) to confirm your banking info or pin code.
- King Price won’t be liable for any fraud or if money’s missing from your bank account, as we’ll never debit you for any fees.
- You can only change your payment option to ‘weekly’ (this makes our payment process easy-peasy). It’ll take up to 7 days for us to update and validate this change. (We also only allow 1 change per month.) Monthly is no longer an option, just weekly to make the payment process easier.
- King Price won’t be liable for a delayed referral fee payment due to your bank’s procedures and timings.
- You’re not allowed to change your bank account details more than twice in 1 month.
- If your blingsider account’s been inactive for 12 months, your profile will be removed.
Lead referrals and fees
Here’s what you need to know about our lead referral process:
- A lead referral will only count if the lead’s referred via your blingsider profile. If the client goes directly through our sales team, we can’t trace the referral back to your profile. This means that you won’t earn a referral fee for this policy. (Bottom line: Make sure the client understands that they need to use the link to get bling cover.)
- Your referral fee will only reflect 7 days after we’ve successfully collected the client’s premium. Remember, some clients reverse debit orders or fail to pay entirely. So, once we’ve confirmed that the client has paid their premium, we’ll arrange to pay your referral fee.
- You can only earn a referral fee on a specific bling policy for 6 months, max. No referral fees will be earned thereafter.
- Your referral fees will be paid out weekly (every Thursday).
- Your referral fees will accumulate in your very own MyBucks wallet. However, we’ll only pay out this amount once you have a minimum of R50 in your MyBucks wallet.
- Once we’ve received your new client’s first premium, you’ll earn 60% of the premium amount, once-off. Then, from month 2 - 6, you’ll earn 15% of that client’s premium.
- If you have a team of blingsiders, you’ll earn 15% of the premium amount (once-off) when their clients’ first premium is successfully paid. Then, from month 2 - 6, you’ll earn 5% of the premium amount, as long as the client paid their premium.
- You can refer leads for car, home, and buildings insurance, as well as car warranty cover. This’ll earn you a 60% referral fee on the premium amount, once-off. Then from month 2 - 6, you’ll earn 15% of the premium amount.
- You can build your own team of blingsiders, to help you with lead referrals. (More blingsiders = more bucks.)
For referral fee queries, pop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org